Marketing automation is the use of software and technology to automate repetitive and time-consuming marketing jobs like email campaigns, social media posts, lead generation, lead scoring, lead nurturing, and analytics. Automation in marketing can help marketers save time, get more done, improve the customer experience, and make more money.
Why is it important to use marketing automation? Here are a few ways that marketing automation can help:
- It can help you divide your audience into groups based on how they act, what they like, what interests them, and what they need. So, you can send each customer or prospect a message that is personalized and useful at the right time and through the right medium.
- It can help you keep track of and measure how well your marketing actions and campaigns are doing. You can see which platforms, messages, and offers bring in the most leads, conversions, and sales. You can also find places where your marketing plan could be better and change it to fit.
- It can help you keep in touch with your leads and move them further down the sales process. You can send them relevant and helpful content that teaches them about your goods or services, builds trust and credibility, and addresses their problems and objections. You can also do things based on what they say, like send a gift, schedule a call, or send a follow-up email.
- It can help you keep more customers and keep the ones you already have. You can keep in touch with your current customers and offer them value-added services like product updates, tips and tricks, requests for feedback, recommendations, and chances to cross-sell or up-sell.
Some examples of automation tools for marketing are:
- HubSpot is an all-in-one marketing automation tool with features like email marketing, landing pages, webinars, social media management, integration with CRM, analytics, and more.
- Mailchimp is a popular email marketing tool that lets you make and send beautiful, interesting emails to your followers. You can also use Mailchimp to set up triggers for your email campaigns, such as welcome emails, emails sent when a shopping cart is abandoned, birthday emails, etc.
- Salesforce: Salesforce is a popular customer relationship management (CRM) tool that helps you keep track of your interactions with customers. You can also use Salesforce to handle your marketing tasks, such as lead generation, lead scoring, lead nurturing, campaign management, reporting, and more.
An example of marketing automation is when a marketer sets up an email campaign that automatically sends a welcome email to a new subscriber, followed by a series of educational emails with useful information about the company's goods or services. The software can also keep track of what the subscriber does, like open emails, click on links, view the website, download a resource, or fill out a form.
Based on these actions, the software can give each subscriber a number that shows how interested they are and how ready they are to buy. The software can then divide the users into different groups based on their score and send them different emails based on where they are in the buyer's journey. A subscriber with a high score might get an email with a free trial or a coupon for a discount, while a subscriber with a low score might get an email asking them to join a workshop or read a case study. The software can also work with other tools, like customer relationship management (CRM) systems or social media platforms, to give a full picture of the customer's journey and help improve the marketing strategy.
Bestsellers Recommended, check them out here
List of best-selling recommended books (2023): https://bit.ly/BestsellingRecommendedBooks2023
Digital Marketing Tools: