Radical Candor by Kim Scott is a book that could be helpful if you want to learn how to be a better leader and make your business more effective. In this book, "Radical Candor: Be a Kick-Ass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity," Scott talks about her time as an executive at Google and Apple and gives an easy plan for good management.
"Radical candor" means being able to care about someone and also question them directly. It means giving your team both praise and advice in a way that helps them grow and get better. It also means being willing to hear what other people have to say and making a culture of trust and respect.
Scott explains why Radical Candor is so important and how to avoid the problems that come with its opposite: Obnoxious Aggression, Ruinous Empathy, and Manipulative Insincerity. She also gives tips and tools on how to use Radical Candor in your own workplace, such as how to give and get feedback, how to build a strong team, and how to get results you're proud of.
Kim Scott's book "Radical Candor: Be a Kick-Ass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity" taught usfive important things:
1. Radical candor is the ability to care about someone on a personal level and also question them directly. It's a good balance between being too nice and too mean.
2. To practice radical honesty, you need to build trust with your team, give and receive feedback, and make choices that are in line with your values and goals.
3. Feedback is a gift that helps you and other people grow. You should offer feedback often, with humility, and in a clear way. You should also ask other people for their opinions and listen to them with interest and thanks.
4. As a boss, you have three main jobs: "create a culture of feedback," "build a team that works well together," and "get results by working together."
5. Radical openness is for anyone who wants to have better relationships at work and in life, not just bosses. It can help you avoid the pitfalls of bad empathy, fake earnestness that is used to get what you want, and annoying aggression.
Anyone who wants to be a great boss without losing their heart needs to read Radical Candor. It is full of interesting and funny stories, as well as valuable lessons and advice from Scott's own work and from other leaders she looks up to. No matter how long you've been a manager, this book will have something useful and inspiring for you.
Buy this book at Amazon: https://amzn.to/3UYYX4n
𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃, 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄
𝐋𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭-𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 (𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑): https://bit.ly/BestsellingRecommendedBooks2023
𝐃𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐬:
https://invideo.sjv.io/c/4117306/883681/12258 (Online video editor – easily make pro-quality videos)
https://partner.canva.com/c/4117306/619765/10068 (Free-to-use online graphic design tool: presentations, video, social media)
https://try.quillbot.com/9b888iu4nv9y (paraphrasing Tool - QuillBot AI)
https://vidiq.com/pp093 (tool to get more YouTube views)