Today I want to share with you a book that has changed many people life for the better. It's called "Life Worth Living: A Guide to What Matters Most" by Miroslav Volf, Matthew Croasmun, and Ryan McAnnally-Linz. This book is not your typical self-help or motivational book. It's a deep and thoughtful exploration of the big questions that we all face: What is the meaning of life? What is the purpose of our existence? What makes us happy and fulfilled?
The authors are not just philosophers or theologians. They are also practitioners and teachers who have dedicated their lives to helping others find their way in this complex and confusing world. They draw from various sources of wisdom, such as religion, science, art, literature, and personal experience, to offer a rich and diverse perspective on what it means to live a good life. They don't give easy answers or one-size-fits-all solutions. Instead, they invite us to reflect on our own values and goals, and to engage with others who may have different views and backgrounds.
The book is divided into three parts. The first part introduces the concept of "flourishing", which is the authors' term for living a life worth living. They explain why flourishing is important, how it differs from happiness or success, and what are the main obstacles and challenges that prevent us from flourishing. The second part explores four dimensions of flourishing: love, work, play, and wisdom. The authors show how these dimensions are interconnected and interdependent, and how they can help us achieve balance and harmony in our lives. The third part addresses some of the most pressing issues that affect our flourishing in the modern world, such as violence, injustice, suffering, death, and hope.
Here are five important lessons from the book Life Worth Living: A Guide to What Matters Most by Miroslav Volf, Matthew Croasmun, and Ryan McAnnally-Linz:
- The book is a reaction to the crisis of meaning that many people in Western culture face, where they don't know what makes life worth living and how to go after it.
- The book says that the best way to find meaning in life is to accept a vision of flourishing that is based in a particular tradition of wisdom, such as Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, or humanism.
- The book looks at how people can be happy from six different perspectives: money, pleasure, fame, power, justice, and love. It looks at the good points and bad points of each view and how they fit with the Christian idea of flourishing as being a part of God's life.
- The book encourages people to think about their own ideas of happiness and to talk with people who have different ideas. It also tells you how to develop habits and ways of doing things that support your vision of thriving.
- The book encourages people to live out their vision of thriving in the world, not just for themselves but also for the good of others and the world as a whole. It asks for a promise to look out for the well-being of everyone and everything.
I highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a deeper and more meaningful way of living. It's not a quick or easy read, but it's well worth the time and effort. It will challenge you to think critically and creatively about your own life and the world around you. It will inspire you to pursue your passions and talents, to connect with others who share your vision, and to contribute to the common good. It will help you discover what matters most to you, and how you can make your life worth living.
Buy this book at Amazon: https://amzn.to/43GXynk
Playing the Summary:
Bestsellers Recommended, check them out here
List of best-selling recommended books (2023): https://bit.ly/BestsellingRecommendedBooks2023
Digital Marketing Tools:
https://invideo.sjv.io/c/4117306/883681/12258 (Online video editor – easily make pro-quality videos)
https://partner.canva.com/c/4117306/619765/10068 (Free-to-use online graphic design tool: presentations, video, social media)