If you are looking for a book that will inspire you, challenge you, and motivate you to achieve your goals, then you need to read this book. “Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds” by David Goggins is not just a memoir of a former Navy SEAL, ultramarathon runner, and Guinness World Record holder. It is a powerful testimony of how one man overcame his childhood trauma, poverty, racism, obesity, depression, and self-doubt to become one of the toughest and most resilient people on the planet.
David Goggins is not your typical motivational speaker or self-help guru. He does not sugarcoat his message or tell you what you want to hear. He tells you what you need to hear. He tells you the truth about how hard life can be and how much pain and suffering you will have to endure to reach your full potential. He tells you that you are not special, that you are not entitled to anything, and that you have to work harder than anyone else to achieve your dreams. He tells you that you have to face your fears, embrace your failures, and push yourself beyond your limits every single day. He tells you that you have to be accountable for your actions, take responsibility for your results, and never make excuses for your shortcomings.
But he also tells you that you have the power to change your life. He tells you that you have a warrior spirit inside you that can overcome any obstacle and adversity. He tells you that you have a calloused mind that can withstand any challenge and hardship. He tells you that you have a soul that can transcend any limitation and boundary. He tells you that you have a purpose that can inspire others and make a difference in the world.
He tells you all this through his own incredible story of transformation and achievement. He shares his personal struggles and triumphs with brutal honesty and raw emotion. He reveals his secrets and strategies for developing mental toughness and physical endurance. He teaches you how to apply his principles and methods to your own life and goals. He challenges you to follow his example and join him on his journey of self-discovery and self-mastery.
This book is not for the faint of heart or the weak of mind. It is for those who are willing to face their demons, confront their reality, and conquer their fears. It is for those who are ready to take action, make sacrifices, and do whatever it takes to succeed. It is for those who are hungry for growth, improvement, and excellence. It is for those who are determined to live their best lives and leave their mark on the world.
Here are five important things I learned from David Goggins's book "Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds":
- The 40% rule: Goggins thinks that most people only use 40% of their ability, and that they can go much further by challenging their perceived limits and mental barriers. He shows this by telling stories about himself, like how he ran 100 miles in 24 hours without training, how he did three Hell Weeks in one year, and how he set a world record for pull-ups.
- The accountability mirror: Goggins says that people should be brutally honest with themselves and face their flaws and mistakes straight on. He says that people should look in a mirror every day and write down their goals and the steps they need to take to get better. He also says that people should look at their success often and change the mirror to reflect that.
- The cookie jar: Goggins uses the metaphor of a cookie jar to store his past accomplishments and wins, which he can draw from whenever he faces a challenge or a setback. He says that thinking about how far he's come and what he's been through can give him the strength and motivation to keep going and not give up.
- The "calloused mind": Goggins says that people need to build a "calloused mind," which is a tough mind that can handle any pain, difficulty, or trouble. He says that you can build up a tough mind by putting yourself in uncomfortable and hard situations often and by seeing pain as a way to learn and grow.
- The "armored mind": According to Goggins, the "armored mind" is a state of mind in which a person is ready for any task or problem that life throws at them. He says that you can have an armored mind if you have a clear picture of your purpose and goals, a strong work ethic and discipline, a positive attitude and mindset, and a support system of people who share your values and mission.
This book is for everyone who wants to be better than they were yesterday, today, and tomorrow. This book is for everyone who wants to be unstoppable.
This book is for YOU. Buy this book at Amazon: https://amzn.to/3A3rA6V
Playing the Summary:
Bestsellers Recommended, check them out here
List of best-selling recommended books (2023): https://bit.ly/BestsellingRecommendedBooks2023
Digital Marketing Tools:
https://invideo.sjv.io/c/4117306/883681/12258 (Online video editor – easily make pro-quality videos)
https://partner.canva.com/c/4117306/619765/10068 (Free-to-use online graphic design tool: presentations, video, social media)