The digital marketing landscape is constantly evolving, with new technologies and trends emerging every year. As we approach 2024, it is important for marketers to stay ahead of the curve and anticipate what the future holds for their industry. In this blog post, we will explore some of the key digital marketing trends and predictions for 2024, based on current data and insights.
1. Video Marketing will Dominate
Video marketing is already a powerful tool for engaging and converting customers, but it will become even more prevalent in 2024. According to Cisco, video will account for 91% of all internet traffic by 2024, up from 82% in 2022. Moreover, video will generate 80% of all online sales by 2024, according to Wyzowl.
Video marketing offers many benefits for marketers, such as:
- Increasing brand awareness and recall
- Boosting SEO and organic traffic
- Enhancing social media engagement and reach
- Improving customer loyalty and retention
- Driving conversions and sales
To succeed with video marketing in 2024, marketers should:
- Create high-quality and relevant videos that showcase their brand value proposition and solve customer pain points
- Optimize their videos for different platforms and devices, using vertical, square, or horizontal formats depending on the channel
- Use live video, interactive video, or shoppable video to create immersive and personalized experiences for customers
- Measure and analyze their video performance using metrics such as views, watch time, click-through rate, and conversions
2. Voice Search will Revolutionize SEO
Voice search is another trend that is gaining momentum, with the proliferation of smart speakers and voice assistants like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. According to Juniper Research, there will be 8.4 billion voice assistants in use by 2024, up from 4.2 billion in 2020. Additionally, voice commerce sales are expected to reach $164 billion by 2024, according to OC&C Strategy Consultants.
Voice search has a significant impact on SEO, as it changes the way people search for information online. Voice queries are typically longer, more conversational, and more natural than text queries. For example, instead of typing "best pizza near me", a user might say "Alexa, where can I get a good pizza nearby?"
To optimize their websites and content for voice search in 2024, marketers should:
- Conduct keyword research using tools like AnswerThePublic or SEMrush to find out what questions their target audience is asking
- Create content that answers those questions in a clear and concise manner, using headings, bullet points, and lists
- Use schema markup and structured data to provide additional information to search engines and voice assistants
- Optimize their site speed, mobile-friendliness, and security to ensure a smooth user experience
3. Artificial Intelligence will Enhance Marketing Automation
Artificial intelligence (AI) is transforming the way marketers automate their campaigns and processes. By leveraging AI, marketers can:
- Personalize their content, offers, and recommendations based on customer data and behavior
- Segment their customers into different groups based on their characteristics and preferences
- Predict customer outcomes such as churn, lifetime value, or purchase intent
- Optimize their campaign performance using real-time feedback and insights
According to MarketsandMarkets, the global AI in marketing market is expected to grow from $12.9 billion in 2020 to $51.1 billion by 2025, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 31.8%.
To take advantage of AI in marketing automation in 2024, marketers should:
- Identify their marketing goals and challenges that can be solved by AI
- Choose the right AI tools and platforms that suit their needs and budget
- Integrate their AI solutions with their existing marketing systems and data sources
- Monitor and evaluate their AI results and ROI using relevant metrics
4. Social Commerce will Expand
Social commerce is the process of selling products or services directly through social media platforms. Social commerce is booming, as more consumers are using social media to discover new products, read reviews, and make purchases.
According to eMarketer, social commerce sales in the US will reach $84 billion by 2024, up from $36 billion in 2021. Furthermore, according to GlobalWebIndex, 43% of global internet users aged 16-64 have purchased something through social media in the past month.
Social commerce offers many benefits for marketers, such as:
- Increasing brand exposure and awareness
- Reducing friction in the customer journey
- Building trust and credibility with customers
- Driving conversions and sales
To succeed with social commerce in 2024, marketers should:
- Create engaging and shoppable content that showcases their products or services in action
- Use features like Instagram Shops, Facebook Shops, Pinterest Buyable Pins, or TikTok Shopping to enable seamless transactions on social media
- Encourage user-generated content (UGC), reviews, ratings, and referrals to boost social proof and word-of-mouth
- Integrate their social commerce platforms with their e-commerce platforms and CRM systems to ensure a consistent customer experience
5. Influencer Marketing will Evolve
Influencer marketing is the practice of collaborating with influential people who have a large and engaged following on social media or other platforms. Influencer marketing helps brands reach new audiences, increase brand awareness, generate trust and credibility, and drive conversions.
According to Influencer Marketing Hub's report on The State of Influencer Marketing 2021: Benchmark Report , influencer marketing is expected to grow from $9.7 billion in 2020 to $13.8 billion in 2021.
However, influencer marketing is also evolving as consumers become more savvy and selective about who they follow and trust online.
Some of the key trends that will shape influencer marketing in 2024 are:
- The rise of micro-influencers: Micro-influencers are influencers who have a smaller but more niche and loyal following than macro-influencers or celebrities. Micro-influencers typically have higher engagement rates than larger influencers due to their authenticity and relatability.
- The shift from sponsored posts to long-term partnerships: Brands are moving away from one-off sponsored posts to long-term partnerships with influencers who share their values and vision. Long-term partnerships allow brands to build deeper relationships with influencers and their audiences.
- The emergence of new platforms: While Instagram remains the most popular platform for influencer marketing , new platforms like TikTok , Clubhouse , Twitch , or Triller are gaining traction among influencers and consumers alike.
As we have seen, 2024 will be a year of innovation and transformation in the digital marketing landscape. From artificial intelligence to immersive experiences, from voice search to social commerce, marketers will have to adapt to the changing needs and preferences of their customers. To succeed in this competitive and dynamic environment, marketers will have to embrace new technologies, strategies and platforms that will help them connect with their audiences and deliver value. We hope this blog post has given you some insights and inspiration for your digital marketing plans in 2024. Thank you for reading and stay tuned for more updates from us!
𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃, 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄
𝐋𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭-𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 (𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑): https://bit.ly/BestsellingRecommendedBooks2023
𝐃𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐬:
https://invideo.sjv.io/c/4117306/883681/12258 (Online video editor – easily make pro-quality videos)
https://partner.canva.com/c/4117306/619765/10068 (Free-to-use online graphic design tool: presentations, video, social media)
https://try.quillbot.com/9b888iu4nv9y (paraphrasing Tool - QuillBot AI)
https://vidiq.com/pp093 (tool to get more YouTube views)